ARE YOU READY TO GET YOUR PEOPLE IN THE ROOM?
(Not the webinar room. Or the chat room. The actual. Damn. Room)
You've dreamed of hosting an intimate group of your favorite clients.
(In a cabin on the Oregon Coast? Or is it a villa in the South of France?)
But you've heard all the fear-based tales and you're afraid of pulling the trigger. You're asking yourself questions like...
• Why don't people commit, even after they say “yes” 100 times?
• What if my attendees back out, leaving me in the lurch?
• What happens if I don't make money from ticket sales?
• How will I ever fill it? One time, I launched an event, sent an email to my list, and paid for Facebook ads, and NOTHING...not a single bite!
• What if I lose money? What if I invest in all the amenities and no one comes?
I totally get it. And I've felt the exact same way.
BUT WHAT IF YOU COULD...
• Host a workshop or retreat every year (or every few months), that sells out with minimal marketing efforts?
• Meet your ideal clients IRL (that's "in-real-life" for those of you who didn't grow up with AIM), instead of staring at their avatars, only interacting with them via webinar chat rooms, Facebook posts, and the occasional Instagram story.
• Finally understand how those other business owners host events with seemingly minimal effort, and maximum enjoyment.
• Stand out from all the other competition online -- not just a consultant or a coach or someone who runs courses, but someone who gathers your tribe, in-person, and creates meaningful impact in a VERY different way.
• Travel to an exotic location of your choosing, fully funded and supported by your business (or at least just get out of the snow, amiright?).
• Understand how to make a profit in your business using a live event, stripping away the whole "will-I-make-any-money" worry.
• Have the complete confidence that you are making a wise business decision by hosting an event, for your bottom line AND your peace of mind (no more late nights worrying what happens if no one signs up).
• Feel like you're on vacation, even though you're running you're business.
Are you ready to be this business owner?
Then you're ready for...
EVENTS THAT CONVERT
A seven-week, online course where you'll learn exactly how to create high-touch, high-impact workshops and retreats that will transform your business (and make some money, too).
"Lauren is brilliant. She saved me weeks of time with her expertise and gave me everything to run a successful workshop. She sorted venue, food, swag bags, transportation, schedule, curriculum, room set-up - ALL OF IT - and I can not thank her enough."
-- Halley Gray, Evolve & Succeed
Before you take this course, you're...
+Daydreaming about the gorgeous villa at which you'll run your retreat...but never making any progress.
+Frustrated that when you launched your last workshop, only 10 people signed up. It was meant for 100!
+Unsure about how to price it...does $X for Y days make sense?
+Googling frantically "How to market an event" or "How to get people to show up", with no tried and true strategies
+Disappointed that you lost more money than you made.
But after you take it? You'll...
+Get excited to check your ticket sales instead of desperate...look at all the new attendees!
+Sleep comfortably knowing that you've priced appropriately, you've planned in advance, and all you need to do is deliver your content (your favorite part!)
+Revel in the chance to travel somewhere beautiful with a group of your most favorite, most eager clients
+Understand (finally!) how you can run sold out events, with waitlists for days.
Clients who trust me:
Welcome & Eventroduction
We'll start with a brief overview of the course, as well as some quick homework for you to decide which type of events you CAN run and which may be best suited for your specific business model.
Strategic Planning & Venue Research
In order to make sure we start off on the right planning foot, you'll need to understand events in the greater context if your business. You'll:
• Learn the difference between lead-gen events and profit-pursuit events, and which one makes sense for your business
•Understand the theory behind using events as a part of your business model, and what systems you'll need in place to host the best event yet.
•Begin venue research, as choosing a venue is the first step to marketing and launching your event.
Agenda Creation & Daily Structure.
Resist the #eventfail of injecting 8-hours-a-day-of-content into your event. We'll:
• Learn the preferred cadence and flow of an event each day, based on research from hundreds of events.
• Understand the content you NEED to plan in advance, and the content you'll NEED to have flexibility around.
• Learn new educational content models that only work in-person (not online), and how you can use them to effectively and uniquely engage your audience (goodbye "45 minutes of straight teaching, followed by 15-minutes of Q+A")
Pricing & Budgeting
If the "money" of an event is confusing to you, look no further than this module. You'll:
• Get a clear, custom-to-this-course budget template that will help you plug in your anticipated ticket numbers, and see how pricing will affect your bottom line. Don't forget, giving away free tickets have a cost, too!
• Learn the implications of fixed vs. variable costs for an event, and why these costs are important to the integrity of the event (aka making a PROFIT on it).
• Be able to confidently decipher your "break even units" (aka, how many you have to sell to make it worth it), and decide if that is feasible BEFORE selling a ticket.
Marketing & Attendee Recruitment
The most hotly debated topic, we'll talk about how to fill your seats, in an effective, process-oriented way. You'll:
• Understand the basics of an event sales page and how to create one effectively.
• Learn the easiest way to fill your seats, with a process and email templates to back it up.
• Get systems and templates so that you can start marketing with one big leg up (instead of creating everything from scratch).
Planning Your Event
Planning an event will take dedicated time and energy (think phone calls, follow up emails, negotiating, etc.). This done-for-you planning process will:
• Give you timelines and To Do Lists for your planning, adjustable based on when your event is taking place.
• Teach you when you should be launching, planning, and on-boarding customers, in clearly, reverse-engineered timelines.
• Teach you what things are CRUCIAL when planning, and what things are "nice-to-have" so you can walk into hosting your event knowing that you chose the things that mattered over the "extras."
Registration, Communication, & Attendee Care
Once people are buying tickets to your event, you'll need a clear registration system, event on-boarding process, and communication plan, leading all the way up to the day they arrive. You'll:
• Get a live demo of how to set up your event registration, complete with questions you must ask in advance.
• Craft your unique attendee communication plan to maintain momentum and excitement after they've bought their ticket, working from templates that I've crafted for you.
Crafting the On-Site Experience
Show up to your event feeling calm, cool, and collected by learning all about how to care for your attendees, care for yourself, and create a magical atmosphere that will pay you (in relationships AND dollars) for years after the event. You'll:
• Learn what is MOST important for you as the host when you're on-site, and create a plan in advance with a timeline so you don't get distracted from your goals.
• Understand the importance of hiring an admin or event planner to be on-site with you to manage the details (you'll get a tentative "staffing plan" template, too!)
• Create your unique, post-event documents and processes that will solidify your attendees as high-level clients that have a lifetime value in excess of other clients.
Support and Community
While you'll have access to a community of your classmates, this is not a 1:1 coaching program. Below is how we're going to be sure you get the results you work hard for.
A PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
This Facebook group is crucial to accountability, and also so that you can ask questions about how others manage their tech, their attendees, and their launches. Having a group of other people who are planning events can be really helpful when you're looking for a great venue, great swag, or other things that take lots of research to find. I'll be in here as well, to share resources and answer questions!
ACCESS TO expert Q+A SESSIONS
One of the biggest assets that you'll benefit from is my network of vetted vendors who can help answer any questions you have. Topics include "How To Create and Source Meaningful Swag" and "How to Negotiate with Vendors."
"From the tips and strategies she gave me to enhance my event, to the templates she emailed me to help me get started, to the follow up questions that I had once I got started...I'm not sure I would have the confidence and excitement I have in planning my event if I had not found her."
-- Detra Trueheart, Trueheart Speaks
The cart closes soon! Get in before the price goes up!
Enroll now with 1 payment of $549
Enroll now with 4 payments of $159
And the best part?
You get to do this all from the comfort of your own office.
No meetings you have to attend, no deadlines that are rigid.
Just self-paced learning, with a community of support to help encourage you for as long as you host events for your business.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
+ When does the course begin?
You'll get immediate access to the course AND all the modules within it. You'll have lifetime access to all the modules, so don't fret if it's a busy time; you can always take the course at your own pace, when you're ready.
+ Do I get lifetime access to the course material?
Absolutely, though it may change format and become a downloadable product in the future. Don't worry; you'll be entitled to the content of the course, even if it no longer lives online. And, because you're enrolling early, you're entitled to any bonuses that we come up with for as long as the course exists.
+ What is the time commitment per week?
Planning an event is a project that needs consistent action. Some weeks will have 4 - 6 hours of homework, and some will have 2 - 3 hours. I'd plan for at least 4 hours per week, knowing some will be more and some will be less.
+ How will I be supported in this course?
The BEST thing about this course is that it's one of the few places on the internet where people are planning events specifically for their business. You'll have access to the recorded Guest Q+A calls (which are with industry leaders and my personal network of vendors that I use) and the private Facebook group. I'll pop into the FB group to answer questions as needed.
+ What is the refund policy?
I know this course is going the change the way you plan and strategize your events, because I've seen it with dozens of my own clients and on consulting calls. However, if you are dissatisfied within the first 30 days, you can email the team and we'll process a refund, provided that you show proof of the work you've done, without result. See the refund policy here.
+ What is the investment?
Pricing is set at $549 or four payments of $159 (you'll save $87 if you pay in full!). If you wait until this expires, the price jumps up to $649 for a few days, and then it won't be available after that. Hurry and get in!
+ What are the payment options?
You can either pay the entire course investment up front or pay in four installments, billed monthly. If you're choosing a payment plan of 4 payments, you'll be able to pay four payments of $159.
SO, WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU IF...
+ You've been doing courses and living your business online, and are craving a more intimate experience with your premium clients.
+ You love being around people and, as an online business owner, want to uplevel your business using high-end, live experiences.
+ You've hosted an event before (or tried to host it) but didn't get the results you wanted, and are wondering what went wrong.
+ You do most of your work locally in your community, and you want to switch from being a "hired hand" to a thought leader and influencer for your industry in your community.
+ You're willing to do things differently, to take a hard look at your numbers, and to follow the step by step processes to impact your business and your bottom line.
+ You've been in business for longer than a year, and understand basic marketing principles and have at least a few clients or customers.
THIS COURSE IS NOT FOR YOU IF...
+ You're trying to "get rich quick" with events. Events are a methodical marketing tool, and you need to do the work to put the systems in place to make them a part of your business.
+ You're fine doing it your own way, and staying the course by Googling "How to host an event" makes you feel like you've got it under control. If you want to buy the course to prove to yourself how much you already know about events, you can save yourself the money and keep reading free blogs.
I want to be very clear about events...Since online business has become more mainstream, people have been looking for the "next big thing." First, it was email courses, then it was webinars, and recently, membership communities have become as common as your local Chamber of Commerce.
But now, virtual communities are as common as water, and people are craving more in-person connection than ever before.
If you're looking to build your business in a very different way, you must get started with live events today.
YOU'VE GOT TWO CHOICES:
You can keep googling "How to host an event for business" and get high-level overviews from free blog posts, and keep putting off the dream of having your next profitable event
YOU CAN FINALLY PLAN, LAUNCH, AND SELL OUT YOUR NEXT EVENT IN SEVEN WEEKS.
Events get better and better, more profitable and more specialized the more you do them, so the longer you wait, the further behind the curve you'll be. Especially because all the big names in online business are starting to go forth with high-touch, in-person experiences.
Wouldn't you rather be ahead of the curve this time?
The cart closes soon! Get in before the price goes up!
Enroll now with 1 payment of $549
Enroll now with 4 payments of $159
In case you're nervous about pulling the trigger...
Events That Convert is a POWERHOUSE of a course, and as far as I know, there is no one else anywhere who rounds up all this event planning AND marketing AND sales information in one course...anywhere on the internet.
We've got systems, processes, Q+A's, and 12+ years of experience in the event industry, distilled into seven weeks of highly actionable and rinse-and-repeat processes.
If for some reason you go through the course and are not satisfied with Events that Convert, just shoot us an email within 30 days of purchase and include screen shots and/or scans of your homework and filled-out templates, and we'll issue you a full refund.
Remember, this course is PACKED full of insight, but it won't do the work for you.
HERE'S HOW ENROLLING WORKS:
I’ve been working in high-touch, mega-impact client events since 2006. In the last 10+ years, I’ve worked with some of the world’s biggest companies (which I can’t disclose due to confidentiality), and some of your favorite entrepreneurs (which I can -- see above!) to help them create uber-meaningful, profitable events that turn a small group of their existing community members into their top-rated clients.
When it comes right down to it, hosting a signature event is 15% informational, 85% relational. Most people focus on the 15%, when in fact, it's the 85% that truly makes the impact in converting "arms-length" community members to top-tier clients. Moving community members up the "engagement ladder” can be done 3x as effectively with a carefully thought out, live event experience.
All of this is EXTREMELY doable, but isn’t talked about outside of the planning industry, which is why I’m creating a course for people just like you -- the coaches, the strategists, the consultants, the wellness experts, and the advisors -- who feel deeply committed to helping people in a deeper, more meaningful (and profitable) way.
We'll talk numbers, data points, spreadsheets, and strategies and is for the serious business owner who wants to start getting serious about their top-tier client engagements.
Ready to learn how to host Events that Convert?